Thinking of Retirement?
The ACAO has teamed up with the Alberta Retired Teachers Association!
The ACAO has partnered with the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) to offer the ARTA Retiree Benefits Plan to eligible retirees (present and future).
What is ARTA?
The Alberta Retired Teachers Association (ARTA) is a voluntary Retiree Benefits Plan. ARTA Retiree Benefits Plan offers options for different levels of coverage, these options provide the freedom to select the coverage level that’s right for members and their families. ARTA is a member-centred organization, proactively identifying the needs of its present and future membership and providing information about programs and services to meet these needs. For more information on our partnership with ARTA please visit their website.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
The plan is customizable so that it best meets the coverage needs of you and your family. You may choose from:
- Four Extended Health Care plans (each plan also includes two prescription drug plan maximum options).
Two of the Extended Health Care plans include Emergency Travel Insurance which offers:
- 100% coverage for sudden and unforeseen emergencies while travelling outside your province of residence for up to 92 days
- Option to extend coverage up to 212 days through supplementary insurance
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance coverage
- $5 million lifetime maximum
- Three Dental Care plans
- Additional stand-alone Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay/Baggage Loss Insurance
Participation in this plan is voluntary and available to ACAO retirees and their families who meet the following criteria:
- ACAO member in good standing for at least five (5) years;
- A permanent resident of Canada;
- Vested to receive or in receipt of retirement pension/RSP benefits;
- Covered by your provincial/territorial health care insurance including any provincial health and drug plans for which you are eligible; and
- ARTA member in good standing*
- A spouse of deceased ACAO member/employees who would have met the above criteria is also eligible to participate in the ACAO Retiree Benefits Plan.
Cost of Membership:
- You must join ARTA as an affiliate member to participate in the ARTA Retiree Benefits Plan.
- Affiliate membership costs $50 per year ($4.17 per month), payable along with your monthly benefits premiums.
As an affiliate member of ARTA you will have access to:
- The Edvantage program, providing discounts on travel, fitness, etc.
- Wellness information and activities
- Scholarships for family members
- ARTAFacts e-newsletter and quarterly news & views magazine
- Frequently Asked Questions
- ARTA website
- Open Enrollment Application Form
- Public/Private Sector Plan Summary
For questions regarding the ACAO Retiree Benefits Plan,
sponsored by ARTA, please contact ARTA’s plan administrator, ASEBP,
at firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-989-8709 or 1855-444-2782.