Annual General Meeting – Red Deer, Alberta
May 2-3, 2020
It’s that time again! Our Annual General Meeting & Education Session will take place in Red Deer at the Radisson Hotel on May 2-3, 2020.
Registration will be open soon, please check back. Go to your My ACAO Profile and click on the Events tab. You can attend just the AGM or both the AGM & Education Sessions!
Continuing Education Credits
We will have a total of 10 speakers on various topics for a total of 18 credits for attending both days. Need credits? This is the perfect event to receive your credits before the 2020 deadline.
Topics & Presenters
- An Insight into Ocular Prosthetics
Presented by: Shirley Weyland
- Dispensing for Traumatic Brain Injury
Presented By: Dr. Ben Barrus
- Considerations for Ultimate Prescribing
Presented By: Shay Gornshtein
- Navigating the Complexities: Your Roadmap to Providing Great Vision Presented By: Christina Logee
- Dry Eye: Diagnostics and Treatments
Presented By: Krista Wills
- Beyond the Limbus, Scleral Lens Applications
Presented by: Jim Thompson
- An Introduction to Benefits Fraud
Presented By: Jil Tanguay
- Ask Your Council
Presented By: ACAO Council
- Applying Risk and Support Factors to Medical Regulatory Authority Quality Programs
Presented By: Nigel Ashworth
- Optical Profession Success Solutions (Sharpening the Focus on People, Processes, Products, and Profits in the Optical Profession)
Presented By: Lee Primeau
- Acetate Frame Repair and Modification
Presented By: Sara Moshurchak
- ACAO Annual General Meeting
2EC (attendance to AGM is free)
- To be posted at a later date.
Voting at AGM:
- Voting will be held online only.
- Only Practicing Alberta Opticians can vote at the AGM and for council elections.
Voting for council will open on March 13, 2020 and will close on April 17th at 4:00 p.m. Stay tuned for more information.
Justin Holmes Memorial Scholarship
Highest Achievement on Practical Licensing Exam Ophthalmic Dispensing
Cecil Oxenbury Memorial Scholarship Award
Highest Achievement on Practical Licensing Exam for Contact Lens
Stan Souch Award
Highest Achievement Year One Optical Sciences NAIT
Second Year Optical Sciences NAIT
Advanced Practice Contact Lens Program NAIT