Position: Licensed Optician / Optometric Assistant
Hours: 30-40 hours/week
Experience: 2+ years
Students Welcome to Apply: NO
Start Date: ASAP
At Woodbine Optometry they are passionate about providing high quality patient and customer care. They are looking for an optician or optometric assistant who enjoys learning about optical technologies and best practices and also enjoys caring for patients of all ages. At Woodbine Optometry they strive for a positive work environment and are seeking an individual with strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Assist with spectacle frame selection and advise on appropriate lens choices after assessing the patient’s visual requirements.
- Dispense, adjust and repair eye wear.
- Management of eye wear orders.
- Assist in management of inventory, including returns and warranties.
- General reception duties such as booking appointments, answering phone-calls as needed.
- Assist with pre-screening and imaging of patients.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, suppliers and general public.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Self motivated.
- Excellent at multitasking.
- Enjoys learning and sharing knowledge with team members and patients.
- General knowledge of spectacle frame and lens options (specific product training to be provided).
- Intermediate computer skills (Windows 10, email, LibreOffice or Microsoft Office).
Perks & Incentives
- Benefits package
- Free Optical services
- Free glasses
- Employer will train
- Committed to providing a positive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning
Date Posted: July 22nd, 2019