Twenty 20 Eyewear
Position: Licensed Optician
Work Days: Monday-Saturday
Hours: 25-35 hours/week (with the possibility of full time hours)
Students Welcome to Apply: YES
Start Date: ASAP
Twenty 20 family eyewear is currently hiring a casual/ part-time optician with potential for permanent full time optician in the future, to add to a new optical. Our new modern family oriented optical in Bowness is part of a large existing combined Optometry/ Ophthalmology practice that offers excellent and compassionate care to patients of all ages. Applicants with a minimum of one year experience are welcome to apply. All applicants should be comfortable and familiar using PC computers as well as EMR programs. We offer competitive salaries and incentives and are looking for availability of 25-35 hours a week to start.
Our clinic has taken full COVID-19 precautionary health measures and have implemented safety protocols within the clinic.
- Accurately taking pupil and segment height measurements using both Fitcam/Opticam or traditional dispensing including pupillometery.
- Dispense, adjust, and repair eyeglasses accurately.
- Verify prescription eyeglasses and notify patients when glasses are ready for pick up.
- Assist in contacting frame representatives and share input with regards to latest frame styles.
- Greeting customers and patients in a professional manner with kindness and a warm welcome.
- Using current expertise to confidently assist and guide patients with frame and lens selection as well as lens coating options.
- Place and receive contact lens orders .
- Answer and field calls that may come into the optical.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable ordering contact lenses and notify patients when their contact lenses are ready for pick up.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Monitor both frame and contact lens inventory, rotating stock and monitoring for expired product.
- Enjoys maintaining clean, well organized store front at all times including maintaining high standard cleaning protocols for the optical.
- A professional yet pleasant demeanor and appearance. Punctuality and confidence in position are assets.
- Previous experience with new optical set up and familiarity with Optosys.
- Enjoys working both independently and with others.
- Clear, calm, and effective communications skills especially with both seniors and younger children.
- Confidence providing input but also willing to learn new technologies and share ideas.
- If comfortable with contact lens fits and teaching this would be an asset but is not required.
Perks & Incentives…
- Free glasses
- Employer will train
- Free eye exams
Date Posted: September 14, 2021