The Grove Optometry
Position: Licensed Optician
Job type: Permanent & Part-time
Hours: 16-24 hours/week
Experience: 1+ years
Students Welcome to Apply: No
Start Date: ASAP
The Grove Optometry is looking to add another licensed optician to our team in Spruce Grove, AB.
We are an independently owned optometry clinic who strives to provide a positive work environment for all employees and a welcoming environment to all of our patients. We offer a fun and collaborative work culture with flexibility when it comes to scheduling.
If you are hard working, friendly and share the same patient-centered care values as the rest of our team, please send in your resume & cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are initially hiring for a part-time position (generally 16-24 hours per week) but we can be flexible for the right candidate. The occasional evening and Saturday shifts will be required.
- Welcoming patients into the clinic in a friendly manner and assisting the front desk
- Educating patients on corrective lens options and assist them in making a choice that fits their optical and lifestyle needs
- Guide patients/customers in eyewear selection and take proper measurements for ordering
- Prepare work orders for laboratories and submit orders
- Creating invoices, taking payments and submitting to patient’s benefits/insurance
- Track patient’s orders
- Verifying spectacles lenses
- Adjusting and repairing frames
- Educate patients on how to wear and maintain glasses
- Submit warranty on product as required
- Help manage and maintain frame inventory
- Various administrative duties including managing patient records, tracking inventory and sales
- Assisting in answering phones, responding to e-mails, scheduling appointments
- Assist with pre-testing and ancillary optometric testing as required
- Maintain office cleanliness and other duties as required
Date Posted: August 24, 2021