Position: Licensed Optician & Contact Lens Practitioner
Work Days: Sunday-Saturday
Hours: 40 hours/week
Experience: 6+ months
Students Welcome to Apply: YES
Start Date: ASAP
Optiko Eyewear in Calgary is a family owned business looking to add someone new to their team! Optiko Eyewear is looking for a fast learner with great communication skills, interpersonal skills, and self-management skills. Send your resume to email@example.com to apply today!
Skills & Duties…
- Assists patients with their choice of eyeglass frames, sunglasses, contact lens and ophthalmic lens options appropriate to the lens prescription.
- Assists patients in booking with an optometrist appointments.
- Accurately measures patients for pupilary distance (PD) using pupilometer or ruler or VO.
- Proficient in determining placement of multi-focal heights and bifocal heights.
- Examine the patients eye using a slit lamp to assess the general ocular health and assist in the fitting of contact lenses.
- Process order into computer. Places special orders to outside vendors by telephone.
- Knowledgeable in orders and over-the-counter optical merchandise. Receives accurate payment, makes change, credit and debit charges according to proper procedures for paperwork, cash handling and performance of duties.
- Check contact lenses and completed eyeglasses against prescription prior to dispensing to patients. Fits and adjusts eyeglasses to patient, using frame warmer and bending with fingers.
- Orders equipment, merchandise and supplies by keying into computer. Keys receipt of special orders from outside vendors. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Manage and stock optical merchandise and supplies.
- Maintains a safe and high level of health care cleanliness at all times.
- Cleans department displays and merchandise by spraying and wiping.
- Oversees apprentices/students as required for certification qualification.
- Maintains licensing requirements
Perks & Incentives
- Benefits package
- Free Optical services
- Free glasses
- Employer will train
Date Posted: July 4th, 2019