Eye Q Optometry
Position: Licensed Optician
Work Days: Open Monday-Saturday
Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Students Welcome to Apply: YES
Start Date: ASAP
Eye Q Optometry is looking for an energetic and personable full time optician, student optician or experienced dispenser to fit their patients with the latest frame styles and lens tech. Join their fun-loving team and help continue to create the wow-factor patients have come to love.
Eye Q Optometry is protecting staff and patients with multiple policies and protocols during COVID-19. All staff and patients must wear face masks and clear barriers are installed on their front desk and pupilometers. PPE is provided and the door is locked to the general public.
Duties & Skills…
- Sell and dispense eyewear while observing each patients unique needs and requirements
- Ability to verify and monitor the status of eyewear orders
- Address patient questions and concerns in regards to their eyewear
- Be able to educate patients in regards to their eyewear options
- Proficiency with computers and systems such as word, eyewear ordering systems, and online vision
- Flexibility to assist with administrative, health screening, and contact lens duties (cross-training is critical)
- The ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic clinic
- Excellent communication skills with a warm and welcoming personality
- Utilize problem solving and critical thinking skills to address and help with patient eyewear concerns
- Experience with pre-testing/health screening is an asset
- Computer literacy as there are electronic medical records
- Completion of Optical Sciences is preferred, but students are welcome to apply
- Previous retail experience is an asset
Perks & Incentives…
- Free Optical services
- Free glasses
- Employer will train
- Closed for long weekends
Please answering the following three questions in your cover letter:
- What is your favorite thing about working in eye care?
- What is your most effective selling technique?
- Why do you think you would fit into our clinic culture?
- Contact: Shayna Burrows-Johnson
- Phone Number: (403) 727-4404
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 3314 17 Ave SW Calgary,AB T3E 0B4 Map It
- Website: https://www.eyeqoptometry.ca/
- Indeed Job Listing: https://bit.ly/39bm83N
Date Posted: July 17,2020