Envision Eye Care
Position: Licensed Optician
Hours: Approximately 30 hours/week
Experience: 6+ months
Students Welcome to Apply: NO
Start Date: ASAP
Full-Time Licensed Optician wanted! Envision Eye Care is looking for a friendly full-time Licensed Optician for their clinic in Windermere. The licensed optician must have experience with edging lenses. Envision Eye Care is an independent provider of professional eye care services and products to promote quality and readily-available vision-related health care. Their mission is to serve the community with a team that demonstrates a professional, caring, and supportive approach to visual health. Their goal is to provide the best quality care to all patients, while offering education to convey the importance of ocular health. Envision Eye Care’s services are provided in a convenient location with accessible clinic hours, with an emphasis on patient satisfaction by creating a pleasant and reassuring atmosphere.
Duties & Skills…
- Assist patients with frame selection, styling, fitting, lens selection and measurements.
- Enter lab orders and accurate patient information as well as supply insurance forms and receipts.
- Verify prescription eyeglasses and notify patients when eyewear is ready.
- Dispense, adjust and repair eyewear.
- Trace and edge lenses using equipment provided.
- Instruct patients on proper eyewear use and care of new eyeglass lenses.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve eyewear concerns and issues to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Maintain and order dispensary supplies as required.
- Currently licensed in Alberta.
- Must have experience with edging and tracing lenses.
- Available to work weekends.
- Excellent communication and phone skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Friendly and customer service-oriented.
- Preference to individuals with minimum two years experience in an optical environment.
- Previous retail experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
Date Posted: March 5th, 2019