ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Notice: Changes to the Health Professions ActIn Notices
- Event: AGM 2019In Events, Notices
- ACAO Hall of Fame Induction 2019In Events, Notices
- Notice: Bill 21 – An Act to Protect Our PatientsIn Notices
- Eighth Line: Winter 2019, Issue 110In Eighth Line
- Attention Retirees! The ACAO has Partnered with ARTAIn Notices
- Employment Ad: Village Eye CentreIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Purba VisionIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Nation’s VisionIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Envision Eye CareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Event: 2019 Optical SummitIn Events