ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Notice: Renewal 2021In Notices
- Notice: AGM 2020In Events, Notices
- Employment Ad: McCormack Optometric CentreIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Airdrie Eyecare CentreIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Notice: 3 Ways Eye Care Professionals Can Recover Revenue by OneLocalIn Notices
- Notice: Update on NACOR Fall ExaminationsIn Notices
- Article: Continuing Competence Program LaunchIn Eighth Line, Newsletter Articles
- Virtual Conversation SeriesIn Events, Notices