ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Bill 21 & Changes to the Health Professions ActIn Notices
- Article: The Solo Practitioner: How to Handle Patient FilesIn Newsletter Articles
- Employment Ad: SAIT Optician Program Subject Matter ExpertsIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Mainstreet Vision CareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Eighth Line: Fall 2019, Issue 113In Eighth Line
- Notice: ARTA BenefitsIn Notices
- Article: Professional Liability Insurance: Is Extra Coverage Necessary?In Newsletter Articles
- Notice: Step By Step RegistrationIn Notices