ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Employment Ad: Spruce Grove Vision CareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- For Sale: Edging & Refracting EquipmentIn For Sale
- Employment Ad: Century Vision CareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Notice: Update on NACOR Fall ExaminationsIn Notices
- Notice: Renewal 2021In Notices
- Employment Ad: Okotoks EyecareIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Article: Continuing Competence Program LaunchIn Eighth Line, Newsletter Articles