ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Bill 21 & Changes to the Health Professions ActIn Notices
- Article: Quality Assurance – What is it?In Newsletter Articles
- Eighth Line: Spring 2019, Issue 111In Eighth Line
- Employment Ad: Bailey NelsonIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Skyview Eye ClinicIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Attention Retirees! The ACAO has Partnered with ARTAIn Notices
- Event: 2019 Optical SummitIn Events