ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Bill 46: Separation of College and AssociationIn Notices
- Notice: NEW PLI ProgramIn Notices
- Notices: Bill 30 Increased Public Participation In Professional RegulationIn Notices
- Employment Ad: Dr. Holly Mah Professional CorporationIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Eye to Eye OptometryIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad – Countryside Vision CareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Deerfoot City OptometryIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Notice: COVID-19 Vaccine ProgramIn Notices