ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Notices: Bill 30 Increased Public Participation In Professional RegulationIn Notices
- Notice: Renewal 2021In Notices
- Virtual Conversation SeriesIn Events, Notices
- Employment Ad: The Vision Gallery NorthIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: FYi DoctorsIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Call for Volunteers – Education Committee Subject Matter ExpertsIn Notices
- Notice: Membership SurveyIn Notices
- For Sale: LB EquipmentIn For Sale
- Employment Ad: I-Care Family Vision & Eye CareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Notice: Advanced Education SurveysIn Notices