ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Notice: COVID-19 Message from the ACAOIn Notices
- Notice: ACAO Business Contingency Plan for Pandemic InfluenzaIn Notices
- Notice: COVID-19 Information for Employees & EmployersIn Notices, Uncategorized
- Notice: Mental Health and CopingIn Notices
- Notice: Online ElectionIn Notices
- Employment Ad: Costco OpticalIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Article: What is a Continuing Competency Assessment?In Newsletter Articles