ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Employment Ad: OptiStar EyecareIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Notice: Regulatory Requirement for Decorative Contact LensesIn Notices
- Employment Ad: Polar Eyes OptometryIn Employment Ads
- Employment Ad: Bonnie Doon OpticalIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Eighth Line: Fall 2018, Issue 109In Eighth Line
- Event: FULL: HumanWare Calgary Afternoon SessionIn Events
- Notice: Step By Step RegistrationIn Notices