ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Event: AGM 2020In Events, Notices
- Notice: Council Nomination FormIn Notices
- Employment Ad: McCormack Optometric CentreIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Langdon VisionIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Not Another Eye StoreIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- For Sale: Lens EdgerIn For Sale
- Article: Unified LicensureIn Newsletter Articles
- Article: Quality Assurance FAQIn Newsletter Articles