ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Bill 21 & Changes to the Health Professions ActIn Notices
- Notice: AGM 2020 SurveyIn Notices
- For Sale: Eyelogic Site Testing EquipmentIn For Sale
- Employment Ad: Signal Hill Eye CareIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: EyeCU OptometryIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Eyecon OptometryIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Care OpticalIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Oasis Eye CareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta