ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Bill 21 & Changes to the Health Professions ActIn Notices
- For Sale: Optician Office Space in South EdmontonIn For Sale
- For Sale: Frame RodsIn For Sale
- For Sale: Lens EdgerIn For Sale
- Event: Appetizer Night with Council in CalgaryIn Events
- Notice: Office Renovations on July 31 and August 6In Notices
- Current Bylaws – Alberta College and Association of OpticiansIn Notices
- Employment Ad: Woodbine OptometryIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta