ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Notice: Preparing to Re-Open for Routine CareIn Notices
- Notice: Planning Your Optical VisitIn Notices
- Notice: ACAO Guidelines for Re-Opening Health PracticesIn Notices
- Notice: Spring NACOR Examinations PostponedIn Notices
- Notice: COVID-19 Message from the ACAOIn Notices
- Notice: COVID-19 Information for Employees & EmployersIn Notices, Uncategorized
- For Sale: Smart Tech – Personal Protective EquipmentIn For Sale
- Notice: CovidSafe ServicesIn Notices
- Employment Ad: Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)In Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- For Sale: Assets & Lease Holds Improvement (Retail Optical)In For Sale
- Employment AD: Optistar EyeCare SkyviewIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta