ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Bill 21 & Changes to the Health Professions ActIn Notices
- ACAO Employment Opportunity – Communications and Registration AssistantIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta, Notices
- For Sale: Lens EdgerIn For Sale
- Employment Ad: Airdrie Eyecare CentreIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Article: Quality Assurance – What is it?In Newsletter Articles
- Eighth Line: Spring 2019, Issue 111In Eighth Line
- Attention Retirees! The ACAO has Partnered with ARTAIn Notices