ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Notice: 2022 RenewalIn Notices
- Bill 46: Separation of College and AssociationIn Notices
- Events: Webinar Presented by BrightsquidIn Events, Notices
- Notice: NEW PLI ProgramIn Notices
- Notices: Bill 30 Increased Public Participation In Professional RegulationIn Notices
- Employment Ad: Lakeland Family EyecareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Viewpoint Eye CareIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: The Monocle OptometryIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Twenty 20 EyewearIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: BonlookIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Hakim Optical (Winnipeg)In Employment Ads