ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Events: FYi Presents – The Eyecare ExchangeIn Events, Notices
- Notice: AGM 2021In Events, Notices
- Notice: NEW PLI ProgramIn Notices
- Notices: Bill 30 Increased Public Participation In Professional RegulationIn Notices
- Employment Ad: Total Focus NorthgateIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Campus VisionIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Okotoks EyecareIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Woodbine OptometryIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Second SpecsIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta