ACAO – Your Vision, Our Focus
The Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) serves both the public and our members. We regulate opticians in the province of Alberta under the Health Professions Act. We also provide continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to our members.
Regulated Health Professionals
The title “Optician” is protected in Alberta, which means that it is illegal to practice as an optician unless you are licensed. Opticians must keep up with continuing competency requirements in order to stay licensed. To keep the public safe, we ensure that our members maintain their skills!
- Notice: ACAO is Hiring an Executive Director & RegistrarIn Employment Ads, Notices
- Article: The Circle of Care: Who is Responsible for Patient Files?In Newsletter Articles
- Employment Ad: The North West CompanyIn Employment Ads
- Employment Ad: Second SpecsIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta
- Article: The Solo Practitioner: How to Handle Patient FilesIn Newsletter Articles
- Employment Ad: SAIT Optician Program Subject Matter ExpertsIn Employment Ads, Southern Alberta
- Employment Ad: Mainstreet Vision CareIn Employment Ads, Northern Alberta