If the course is through the college, why do you need to register with Canvas?
Canvas is an LMS platform that hosts interactive learning modules, like our Occupational Health and Safety online course, our Vision Screening Course, and Module 4 of our Code of Conduct Course. Through Canvas you can keep track of how much you have done, your grade after quizzes, and your final grade for the course. You will be able to see these things right away, but it may take time for your credits to go through, because we complete them in batches.
Registration is simple, just follow these steps…
1) Download the fillable form for the course you want to take. You can edit this form and add your information in Adobe Acrobat, or you can print and fill it out.
2) Send your completed form to:
Email: email@example.com or
Fax: 780-426-5576 or (toll free) 1-800-584-6896
3) You will usually receive an e-mail with your invitation and log-in information that same day. Remember to check your junk mail box if you do not see the e-mail in your inbox.
4) Click on the link in the e-mail and accept the invitation to the Canvas Course.
5) Once you have accepted, go to the login section at the top of the page and create a password.
6) Once you log in, you can navigate to different parts of the Canvas dashboard using the bar on the left hand side.
Some courses are offered on Canvas, and some courses are available on our website…
The short answer is that some of our interactive learning modules were built in a program that is not compatible with Canvas by Instructure. For example, we offer a great course on Infection Control, but unfortunately Canvas is currently unable to support it. As a result, we have decided to host these modules ourselves.
If you are having trouble receiving your invitation, read this…
Sometimes the invitation to join the Canvas course is read as spam, and sent to your junk folder. However, if you still can’t find it, be aware that there have been issues with Microsoft accounts (hotmail, live, msn, outlook) in the past. If you have not received your Canvas invitation, please call the office and speak to Shawna.