Annual General Meeting – Edmonton
It’s that time again! Our Annual General Meeting and Educations sessions will take place in Edmonton on Sunday May 6, 2018. Sessions will start at 9 a.m. and run until 5:30 p.m. To view the Session Information please see the link below. We look forward to seeing you there!
Register Online: Registration is now open! Go to My ACAO Profile and click on the Events tab.
- Shay Gornshtein: Positioning Practitioners as Healthcare Practitioners – 2 EC
- Marian Stuffco: Inclusion Discussion – 1 RF
- Rachel Hayward: Health Information Act 101: A Primer on Opticians’ Responsibilities under the Law – 2 EC
- Greg Sim: Trends in Professional Regulation – 2 EC
- Maureen Hussey: Happenings at the Alberta College and Association of Opticians – 1 EC
- Annual General Meeting – 2 EC
This year we will be doing our elections for Council of the Alberta College and Association online via Simply Voting.
There are 3 positions available for Council and we have a record 6 candidates running, so it will be quite the election. When logging into the Simply Voting portal you will use your License number and ACAO password. Voting will close at 4 p.m. on Sunday May 6, 2018.
Would you like to donate to or sponsor this event? Please see the sponsorship package below for details or contact Kristie Murray at email@example.com
- Jessica O’Rourke – Justin Holmes Memorial Scholarship for Highest Achievement on Practical Licensing Exam Ophthalmic Dispensing
- Corrine Grant – Cecil Oxenbury Memorial Scholarship Award for Highest Achievement on Practical Licensing Exam for Contact Lens
- Mojdeh Ghayour – Stan Souch Award for Highest Achievement Year One Optical Sciences NAIT
- Aaron Trieu – Highest Achievement Second Year Optical Sciences NAIT
- Stephanie Swan – Highest Achievement of Advanced Practice Contact Lens Program NAIT
Lunch: Lunch will be provided. If you have dietary restrictions please advise the office at firstname.lastname@example.org